What is “it’s still your home?”
If you applied for a reverse mortgage and didn’t qualify, chances are you were given the recommendation that you should sell the house and move. I saw this happen over and over during my time in the industry. Then one day I thought, why should you move? If the only option available is to sell the house, then why not sell it to an investor and simply rent it back? Why not continue to live in your home rather than renting another? Sure the title is no longer in your name but it’s still your home and isn’t the main goal to remain in your home by any means possible? With that in mind I started to put together the basis for it’s still your home.
How it works
It’s actually pretty simple. We buy your house for an agreed upon price and then rent it back to you for as long as you’d like to remain in the home. That’s it, no hidden agenda, no empty promises and no scams.
Here’s the process:
- Phone Call: During the initial phone call we will collect your property details and learn more about your unique situation and requirements.
- Callback: After performing a thorough market analysis and including anticipated repairs based on your disclosures, we will provide you with a realistic estimate on the value range of your home. In other words, about how much in cash you can expect in your pocket if you sell and also about how much in monthly rent you can expect to pay.
- On Location Meeting/Proposal: If the initial value range is acceptable to you, we will schedule an on-location inspection of your home and provide you with a firm offer at that time. There is no obligation to accept our offer.
- Review of Offer: At this point, the ball is in your court. You decide what is in your best interest. We encourage you to take as much time as you need to decide on our offer. We understand this is a significant, possibly life changing experience, and it is your decision to make on your timeline.
- Acceptance of Offer: If you agree to our offer, we’ll arrange a cash transaction and open up escrow & title to complete the purchase based on your time requirements. There are no hidden fees or costs involved. We pay all closing costs. What we offer you is what you get, and nothing less. At the same time we will both sign a lease contract assuring that you will not experience any interruption in your ability to stay in your home.
What happens next?
With the equity from your home now liberated and in your pocket hopefully the transition from property owner to renter will have changed your life to one with freedom from financial worries. Imagine no longer being worried that the property tax bill is due or that a major and expensive repair such as a new roof is needed. Imagine the freedom to once again do the things you love, the things you might have stopped doing because you could no longer afford to do them. Now with the cash from the house hopefully you can have the life that you deserve. To find out if the It’s still your home program is the right solution for you give me a call or fill out the form and let’s talk about your goals.